Friday, February 9, 2007

it's only fair to tell you now

I just wrote this post about 69 Love Songs that wasn't really saying much, but have just now remembered that I really like this song Stephen Merritt did for Pieces of April, a Katie Holmes movie I know nothing about. Actually the whole soundtrack is him but this song, "All I Want to Know" is good and I suppose also pretty 69 Love Songs-ish. Also here are the two links leftover from my logostasis.

Rick Moody's article "Thirty-One Love Songs" in The Believer
Dave Eggers' introduction to the 10th anniversary of Infinite Jest

Stephen Merritt - All I Want to Know (from Pieces of April soundtrack)

The Magnetic Fields - Fido, Your Leash is Too Long (from 69 Love Songs)
The Magnetic Fields - Washington D.C. (from 69 Love Songs)

BONUS: I don't know when I uploaded this song, but Tegan and Sara made an album of covers called Songs for Christoff and I haven't heard much of it except their cover of Bruce's Dancing in the Dark, and it's pretty good.

Tegan and Sara - Dancing in the Dark (from Songs for Christoff)

No comments: