Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Club soda unbridled



This post on Joseph Plunkett & The Weight today on An Aquarium Drunkard listens a lot like David Berman/Silver Jews. So being that I happen to have some spare time at work, I set up a hefty playlist of the "original" honest manvoice singer to lull me through to lunchtime.

Dave's and Joe's voices aren't spitting sounds of each other, but have the same degree of enunciation, and I want them both singing me to sleep. On alternate evenings. Without listening to the words (I never do the first time a song plays) there's still the message sounds the same. Silver Jews is probably the closest to a downer band that doesn't get me down. Musical cozy zone with a moment of rocking out.

So, happy Mayday, and bring on the summer, listen to this Silver Jews cover my Mountain Goats, and one (nope, it became 2) of my favorites by the original.

Mountain Goats "Pet Politics" (Silver Jews Cover)
Silver Jews "Sometimes A Pony Gets Depressed"
Silver Jews "Tennessee"

No comments: