Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Dogs and Burgers



As a kid, I tried to convince my mom that I had the sideshow talent of predicting the next note in any song I was hearing for the first time. A devotee of KBSG, the Seattle oldies station, I should have known that that's mostly true, but not for Beatles songs (except that you rarely hear one for the first time after the age of 3.5). Had Dr. Dog been old enough to stand in front of a mic, and my mom been schooled on the crossover bands that are Fader favorites and Philly exports, she could have thrown some of their songs in my face. I can't predict these melodies. And the music sounds nice too.

Fresh and antique faves from the DD repertoire:
Dr. Dog "Easy Beat"
Dr. Dog "My Old Ways" (from We All Belong)
ps the video for this is unsettling.

new Dr. Dog album for buying
free Daytrotter songs for downloading
shakey shack burgers for anticipating

No comments: